Sunday 22 September 2013

Keep smiling


I have always loved the words ''keep smiling.'' I don't know where I heard it but since then I feel like it's the most positive thing I've ever heard. It relates to me a lot because in my life I've been exposed to the mental illness of depression. I don't have it personally or anything, but a really close family member of mine does. It's been a rocky journey but I honestly think at the end of the day you should seriously just keep smiling! I know that might sound cheesy or lame or something and I know it's hard to tell people to just be happy, but if you think positive thoughts, that's one step closer to achieving happiness.

I get in the mood sometimes where I get down about myself. Either about the way I look, or dress or I think about the things I don't have. But then I realize that other people have serious problems and they have it much worse. Now I am not saying that I don't have real problems or mine don't matter, I'm just saying that I shouldn't be complaining about little things like appearance when there are bigger issues out there. I should be thankful and just keep smiling because I have a house and family that loves each other. Again, sounds cheesy but it's true.

When I was 15, I went through a phase of really really wanting to get a tattoo.... Of course that being 15 I thought it was the best idea in the world.... I talked myself out of it eventually and decided to wait until after high school. But, still to this day, I want to get the same thing that I wanted when I was 15. Ever since I read those words I wouldn't love more than to get ''keep smiling'' tattooed on myself. If I had those words in a place I could see everyday it would be a constant reminder to stay positive and be happy. Even in times of trouble, I know that it will eventually it will turn around. Because light overpowers darkness and I know that the sun sets just to rise again shortly after. So really just keep smiling and I know that it will get better.
 :)

8 comments:

  1. Kelly, I love this too! Have you ever listened to Relient K's song "Can't Complain"? This reminds me of that song. It might be a little bit cheesy, but I'm glad that it helps you to get through things. Chin up, Sweetheart(:

    I also really enjoy how you realize that your family loves each other and that things could be worse.
    Where are you thinking about getting the tattoo? Just curious..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I love this too! Have you ever listened to Relient K's song "Can't Complain"? This reminds me of that song. It might be a little bit cheesy, but I'm glad that it helps you to get through things. Chin up, Sweetheart(:

    I also really enjoy how you realize that your family loves each other and that things could be worse.
    Where are you thinking about getting the tattoo? Just curious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your positive attitude. It can be really hard to keep smiling sometimes, but it sounds like you're doing an awesome job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both of you for taking the time to read to read this! I really appreciate it.

    No, I haven't heard that song before but I will definitely look it up! And this tattoo is not something that is going to be happening anytime soon so I haven't decided yet. As I said in my post, I would like to get it in a spot where I will be able to see it everyday, so it's probably not going to go on my back or anything...hahaha. But I need to keep in mind it has to be appropriate for working and jobs so there are still lots of things I need to consider.

    Thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you, smiling can completely change the way you look at life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly! If you are sad, you should try and be happy! Even if you aren't happy, you can still make an effort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect, it reminds me that I should always look at the positive and not the negative. There will always be negative things in life, but it's the positive that make it worth it! Also, for your tattoo, you should use comic sans (JUST KIDDING, PLEASE DON'T)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awh thankyou so much! And ahahhahahahaha never!!!!

    ReplyDelete