Wednesday 9 October 2013

6 Word Memoirs De-Breif

What did I learn about storytelling?
I have learned that it is quite difficult to tell a story in 6 words. To tell a story in 6 words, the only things that you really can state is your point. You cannot elaborate or explain yourself, that is what the reader has to try and figure out. Since you only have a maximum of 6 words, a picture can really help make that difference. If you can find an image that really connects with your words, it helps expand the basic information given.

Where did I show my knowledge about using storytelling skills?
I showed my knowledge by really trying to get the point across in the least amount of words possible. I would try to figure out what I wanted to say and then I would try to change the words around to make it flow nicer and sound better. I also would try and find the best image I could possible to represent the words I had wrote. I would also try and find the font that best fit the mood. By doing these things, it could help with my storytelling skills.

What did I learn as a reader, writer, thinker, storyteller?
As a reader and a thinker, I have learned that you should read between the lines and make sense of things that do not provide you with enough information. In the past, I have read books and literally just read them. I didn't expand or take the time to think about what I was actually reading. As a writer, I have learned that not everybody knows what you are thinking and people may not understand what you are trying to get across. You need to write to express what you want to say, but in a way that the majority of people can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment