Tuesday 1 October 2013

6 word memoir #3: My Family

For this memoir, I wanted to talk about how much my family means to me and how much we've gone through. First of all, when my brother born, he was born prematurely, causing him not to be fully ready for the real world. He was only one pound when he was born and spent a lot of time in the hospital. There was a strong chance that he wouldn't make it. Fortunately, he did, but now has special needs so I really have to help him with a lot of things. My dad also has depression, so that is hard as well. I am so thankful for my family and where we are today. I didn't add any punctuation to this because I feel like the phrase suits it better. If I added a period to the end, it might sound a little bit cut off or harsh. If I would have added an exclamation point, I can see it being to peppy or happy, which I was not going for. Without punctuation it flows more and makes me sounds just content, which I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment